Welcome to Yoga-101!
Click here for our NEW STUDENT SPECIAL! Sign Up Now! Create a profile by clicking on SIGN UP! at the top right hand corner. Choose the special that is right for you. Either a month of unlimited yoga for $69.00 (expires 30 days from time of purchase) or a 10 class pass for $59.00 (expires 2 months from time of purchase.) If you have had an account previously but haven’t been to Yoga-101 in over a year please come into the studio and ask for the NEW STUDENT SPECIAL. (You are considered a new student if you have never been to a class at Yoga-101 before or haven’t attended a class in over a year.)
Whether you have practiced yoga for years or never before we guarantee a totally unique and wonderful experience at Yoga-101. If you have practiced yoga before but not Hot Yoga you may find it a little different experience and you may have a lot of questions. Here are answers to our most commonly asked questions.
What is Hot Yoga?
Hot yoga is the practice of Hatha Yoga performed under hot and humid conditions. The heat is an added element meant to warm up the muscles and joints in order to create greater flexibility in the body. The heat and humidity also help detoxify the body and improve the aging process. The heat helps burn fat effectively and increase metabolism, makes stretching safe and easy, and encourages better circulation by adding oxygen to the circulatory system.
Yoga 101 Etiquette:
- Try to be on time to class. We understand there are circumstances that might be out of your control that cause you to be late on occasion but if you come in late, come in quietly. If you need to leave early, let the instructor know before the class and stay near the back of the room.
- No shoes, street clothing, cell phones or purses in the studio. There are small cubbies in the room for items of value but everything else should be locked in your car or left in the dressing room.
- You should be quiet when in the hot room out of respect for the other yogis trying to relax. Please save conversations for the lobby or dressing rooms.
- If you spill water or drip sweat onto the yoga studio floor you please mop up after yourself. We have extra towels if you need them. Borrowed blocks can be wiped off with disinfectant wipes that we provide.
- If you need to refill your water bottle at the water fountains we ask you do it before or after class only.
If we all follow these rules everyone will have a great experience!
What should I wear to a class?
All of our classes are heated so please wear comfortable, stretchy clothing that you can move in easily. Since you are going to get sweaty you may want to wear clothing that wicks away moisture. Most women wear yoga pants or capris with a tank or bra top. Men usually wear shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. Heavy or layered clothing should be avoided. Sweatpants and sweatshirts are discouraged.
What should I bring to class?
Bring a yoga mat, a long towel such as a beach towel or one made especially for yoga, a hand towel or washcloth for your face and plenty of water. Drink water throughout the day is the best way to stay hydrated throughout class as opposed to chugging too much just before class. Don’t worry if you don’t have a mat, towel or forget your water! We rent mats and towels (first visit they are free to borrow) and we sell bottled water in the lobby. Limit eating two hours before class to avoid practicing on a full stomach.
When are your classes?
We have 30 classes a week to choose from. There are morning, afternoon and evening classes available so you should find plenty of classes to fit your schedule. For our class schedule click here: Class Schedule Try to arrive at least 15 minutes before your class so you have time to sign in, go to the dressing room and then enjoy a few minutes in the hot room before class begins.
Can you describe your classes so I can find the perfect one for me?
All of the Yoga-101 classes are beginner friendly except for the two Silent classes on Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. After attending at least 5 Yoga-101 or Classic Hot classes you will be ready to join the Silent class. For a more detailed description of our classes click here: Hot Classes
Are you a NEW STUDENT? (Never been to Yoga-101 before or haven’t been to a class in over a year)
Click here to enjoy a NEW STUDENT SPECIAL price! Sign Up Now! Create a profile by clicking on SIGN UP! at the top right corner of the MindBody page and find new student specials.